We are a friendly congregation led by our minister Revd Andrew Royal and we worship on Sunday mornings with the service starting at 10.30 am and finishing between 11.30 and 11.45.
We offer a crèche facility on Sunday mornings for our very youngest and we also run a Junior Church for those aged 4 through to 16.
Junior Church members worship with the main congregation for the first part of the Sunday service and then leave around 10.50am for their own activities.
Our worship style on the whole is fairly formal (in the sense of having ‘a form’) but not without, joy and real fellowship. Our services offer a creative space to explore our relationship with God and include bible readings, hymns songs and prayers and interesting reflections that help us to connect our faith with daily life – this can be through a sermon, drama or meditation. The Word of God discerned through the Bible and guidance of the Spirit are central to our worship and we have a strong commitment to peace, justice and equality issues.
We hold a communion service on the first Sunday of the month and all who wish to share the bread and the wine are welcome to do so.
Following the Sunday morning service all are invited to join us in our hall for tea and coffee and biscuits.
Alongside our services we have other activities throughout the week such as Toybox (mother and toddler group) coffee mornings, Friday Market, Bible Study and Prayer Group and Bearsted House Group. More information about these can be found on this website.
So if you are looking for a church in the Maidstone area why not come along to a service and give us a try?
The United Reformed Church is a mainstream Christian Church (URC) which has brought together English Presbyterians, English, Welsh and Scottish Congregationalists and members of the Churches of Christ through unions in 1972, 1981 and 2000. 68,000 people make up 1500 congregations with nearly 700 ministers paid and unpaid. If you want to find out more about the URC click on the logo below
We are housed in a building which dates from 1865 although we have had a presence in the town since 1745.